Date : August 6th 2014
Time : 8.00 - 11.00
Venue : Parc Étienne-Desmarteau
Director : Muriel Caire, Myriam Courtemanche
100m length track race where multiple waves of unicyclists go head to head. The winner is the one who crosses the finish line first.
Here is a brief overview of the rules governing this competitoin, as well as specific rules to Unicon 17. For all the details, please refer to the 2013 IUF Competition Rulebook.
- For 24” wheels, the outside diameter of the tire may not be larger than 618mm.
- For 20” wheels, the outside diameter of the tire may not be larger than 518mm.
- For 24” wheels, crank arms may be no shorter than 125mm.
- For 20” wheels, crank arms may be no shorter than 100mm.
- To ensure everyone's safety as well as to maintain the quality of the track, only none metal pedals are accepted on the track.
- Shoes should in no way be attached to the pedals.
- Only slick tires or tires with very small knobs are allowed on the track.
- Shoes, knee pads and gloves are mandatory.