Date : August 1st 2014
Time : 11.00 - 14.00
Venue : Parc Étienne-Desmarteau
Director : Muriel Caire, Myriam Courtemanche
50m length track race where multiple waves of unicyclists pedal with one foot only (one foot riding). The winner is the one who crosses the finish line first.
Here is a brief overview of the rules governing this competitoin, as well as specific rules to Unicon 17. For all the details, please refer to the 2013 IUF Competition Rulebook.
- For 24” wheels, the outside diameter of the tire may not be larger than 618mm.
- For 20” wheels, the outside diameter of the tire may not be larger than 518mm.
- For 24” wheels, crank arms may be no shorter than 125mm.
- For 20” wheels, crank arms may be no shorter than 100mm.
- To ensure everyone's safety as well as to maintain the quality of the track, only none metal pedals are accepted on the track.
- Shoes should in no way be attached to the pedals.
- Only slick tires or tires with very small knobs are allowed on the track.
- Shoes, knee pads and gloves are mandatory.